Saturday, September 09, 2006

Busy Week

For a week that was supposed to be short and slow it got busy quick. I ended up taking a load to Longview, TX for ACE and ran back and moved a 70 ton RT crane for SME. Next week I'm loading for Michigan, then over to Sturgeon Bay, WI from there to Mobile, AL and then back home. Should take 10 days or so. I might get to ride the boat across Lake Michigan from MI to WI. Pretty cool, they charge by the length, I'm curious how much that will be. I have been struggling with a business decision. To service a new customer I need to invest in a larger trailer. I would go from eight axles to thirteen. That's the cool part, the not so cool part is the 340k bucks it takes to buy the trailer. Tough decision. But hey its only money the worst case scenario is you can't pay for it and you sell it. When I'm in WI I'll get to see my buddy PRB. He was here it Tulsa in May and broke his ankle. This load from WI to AL will be his first since his injury. I'm afraid he will be disappointed with his recovery and want to quit truckin. I hope he doesn't, the industry will loose a great heavy haul driver. Well, I've been running a loader all day, I'm gonna shower up. Tomorrow I'm gonna do some water skiing and maybe some footin. Toodle-oo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home